- Someone used our credit card to buy toys at the Target store near San Juan P.R. at the same time our plane was taking off.
- Someone purchased $800 worth of goods in Campeche, Mexico, 600 miles away from where we were staying. Wells Fargo, rightly, shut down our account.
- A friend told me the story of how someone stayed in their hotel room for a couple of nights after they checked out. It was a hassle convincing the hotel that indeed, her brother did not stay in the room and indeed, they would not pay for those nights.
I need your help.
Have you followed all the rules such as:
- let your credit card company know you are traveling and where,
- kept all your cards in the hotel safe,
- not carried your wallet in your back pocket,
- used your money belt properly,
and still been the victim of fraud while traveling?
Please tell me your story. I would like to write an article about how to outsmart the thieves and I need more than three stories. What happened and how would you avoid being ripped off next time?
Thank you, in advance, for helping.